Milk Rava Kesari is an easy and rich, sweet dish prepared with milk, rava and sugar. The kesari is flavoured with a few saffron strands, cardamom powder and garnished with cashew nuts. To make milk kesari, you begin by roasting the rava and then cooking with milk. To this cooked rava you add sugar and ghee and stir continuously until the kesari thickens. Making this milk kesari will take just 20 minutes. I have no time to take step by step pictures, so kindly watch the recipe video.
Check out my other Sweet Recipes
- Mango Rava Kesari
- Badam Katli - Almond Fudge
- Carrot Burfi
- Thiribagam (Three in one delight)
- Rava ladoo
- Kaju Katli
- Kesar peda
- Chocolate Burfi
- Mango and Coconut Burfi
- Moong dal flour Ladoo
- Coconut Burfi
- Dry Gulab Jamun
- Easy Milk Sweet
- Badam Halwa
- Badam Burfi
Here is the video link for Milk Kesari
Milk Kesari - Paal Kesari Recipe Details
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
Category : sweet
Author : Muthulakshmi Madhavakrishnan
- 1/2 cup rava
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- few saffron strands
- 7 to 10 broken cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 5 tbsp ghee
- Heat a heavy bottomed kadai or non stick kadai and add 2 tsp ghee. Fry the broken cashew nuts till golden brown and transfer it to a bowl.
- Next, add the rava. Roast them well for a few minutes on a low flame. Then transfer them to a plate.
- In the same kadai, add 1.5 cups of milk. Allow them to boil. When it starts boiling, reduce the flame and slowly add in the roasted rava.
- Stir them continuously with the ladle to avoid lumps. Close and cook for 3 minutes.
- When the rava has cooked completely, add the sugar. Now add some ghee and stir them well.
- Add the cardamom powder and the cashew nuts.
- Add ghee around the kesari. Add a few saffron strands. Cook and stir often, for about 7 to 10 minutes until thickened.
Post a Comment