Wheat Rava Kesari with Naatu Sarkkarai (unrefined jaggery powder) - Samba Godumai Rava Kesari - Naatu Sarkkarai Sweet Recipes
Today we are going to see a healthy sweet recipe with wheat rava and naatu sarkkarai (unrefined jaggery).
It takes only 15 minutes and the taste was too good. It's sure to become your favourite kesari dish because I felt that this naatu sarkkarai and wheat rava combination taste good. I have also tried naatu sarkkarai with regular fine sooji but the taste is not good as this wheat rava kesari. Last month I have already uploaded the video on my channel. Due to the online classes and work from home situation, I don't have time to upload recipes regularly. To prepare this kesari you will need samba wheat rava, naatu sarkkarai, ghee and cashew nuts. For kesari dishes I prefer to add 2 cups of sugar for 1 cup orava. Here also I have used the same technique in fact you have to add additional sugar because unrefined jaggery has less sweetness when compared to sugar. You can easily prepare this sweet as prasadam for pooja. Now we will see how to prepare Wheat Rava Kesari with a short video and step by step instructions.
Here is a short video for Wheat Rava Kesari
Wheat Rava Kesari with Naatu Sarkkarai with step by step photos
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
Category : sweet
Author : Muthulakshmi Madhavakrishnan
- 1/2 cup wheat rava
- 1.5 cup cups water
- 1 cup unrefined jaggery powder
- 5 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 8 cashew nuts
1. Heat a heavy bottomed kadai and add 1/2 cup wheat rava. Roast them well for few minutes on a low flame. Then transfer them to a plate.
2. Heat 1 tbsp ghee. Fry the broken cashew nuts till golden brown and transfer it to a plate.
3. In a vessel add unrefined jaggery (naatu sarkkarai) along with required water and allow it to boil. In the same kadai, add 1.5 cups of water. Allow them to boil.
3. When it starts boiling, reduce the flame and slowly add in the roasted rava. Stir them continuously with the ladle to avoid lumps. Close it with a lid and cook for a few minutes. When the rava has cooked completely, strain add the sugar syrup. Now add some ghee and stir them well.
5. Add the cardamom powder and the fried cashew nuts and grapes. Stir well. Swirl ghee around the kesari and stirring often, for about 7 to 10 minutes. Keep it in the kadai heat for a few minutes and transfer it to the serving dish.