I would like to share some important tips to prepare the perfect mango kesari.
- As I told you before in my kesari and pineapple kesari recipe, it is important to fry the rava nicely to get correct consistency.
- Gently remove the skin of the mango and take the pulp and add it to a mixer jar. Grind it until smooth, without adding any water. .
- After adding mango pulp to the hot water, stir for 2 to 3 minutes continuously until they are well combined.
- Usually for rava kesari, we add 3 cups of water for 1 cup rava. Here I have added 2 cups of water for 1 cup rava and the liquid in the mango pulp help in cooking the rava. Cover and cook the rava on low heat about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Adjust sugar according to your own taste. If your mangoes are sweet enough, you may need to reduce the sugar. Taste the pulp and add sugar accordingly for the kesari. Ghee is an essential part of kesari and it also makes the kesari taste rich. I have used 5 to 8 tbsp ghee for 200 grams rava. For this kesari, I have not added any other flavours, if you want, you can add cardamom or saffron.
- Badam Katli - Almond Fudge
- Carrot Burfi
- Thiribagam (Three in one delight)
- Rava ladoo
- Kaju Katli
- Kesar peda
- Chocolate Burfi
- Mango and Coconut Burfi
- Moong dal flour Ladoo
- Coconut Burfi
- Dry Gulab Jamun
- Easy Milk Sweet
- Badam Halwa
- Badam Burfi
Mango Kesari - Mambazham Kesari Recipe Details
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
Category : sweet
Author : Muthulakshmi Madhavakrishnan
- 1 cup (200 grams) fine rava
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 10 broken cashew nuts
- 5 to 8 tbsp ghee
Peel the mangoes skin gently and just make long cuts. Next, add the mangoes in a big mixer jar and grind it to a smooth paste. (No need to add water or milk for grinding).
Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a heavy bottomed kadai and fry the cashew nuts. When it starts to turn golden brown, add the rava and roast it well for 3 to 5 minutes.
Close and cook the rava for approximately 5 minutes or until most of the water have evaporated.
Now add the sugar and 2 tbsp of ghee. After adding sugar, the kesari will turn runny, so stir it continuously until the sugar is incorporated with the rava.
After 3 minutes start stirring the kesari by adding the ghee little by little.
Stir it continuously until it is quite dry and non sticky.
Transfer the Mango Kesari to the greased plate or bowl and serve it immediately.