Drumstick Leaves Adai - packed with everything you need to start your day with healthy ingredients. This healthy tiffin will give you the energy for the full day. This adai is a balanced meal with a good portion of carbohydrate and protein. I would recommend trying this healthy adai for your weekend breakfast to enjoy it leisurely.
Drumstick Leaves Adai Recipe Details
Prep time : 15 minutes
Soaking time : 2 hours
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Yields : 10 medium adai
Category : tiffin
- 1 cup idli rice
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 1/4 cup urid dal
- 2 green chilly
- 10 red chilly
- 1 cup drumstick leaves
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
- few curry leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- coconut oil
- salt to taste
- Take a wide bowl or vessel and add the rice, chana dal and urid dal. Wash them well and pour 2 cups of water. Soak them well for 2 hours. After 2 hours drain the water completely.
- Add the soaked dals, dried red chillies, green chillies to a big mixer jar.
- Grind them nicely. Add water in between and grind it.
- Transfer the batter to the bowl and rinse the mixer jar with 1 cup of water and add it to the batter. Add the asafoetdia powder required salt and mix them well.
- Add the chopped onions, drumstick leaves and curry leaves to the ground batter.
- If the batter appears thick add some more water and mix them well.
- Heat the dosa pan on medium heat. Take 2 ladles of batter for each adai and spread them in the circular motion. Swirl 2 tablespoon coconut oil over the adai and cook them well until the underside is dark brown. Flip the adai and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, transfer the adai to the serving plate. Wipe the dosa pan with a white cloth and repeat the same process for the next adai. Cooking the adai on medium heat will give you uniform results.
Check out my other tiffin recipes here
- Black urid dal Dosa
- Pearl Milet Dosa - Kambu Dosa
- Aapam - Aapam without yeast
- Ragi flour Upma
- Arisi Upma
- Bottlegourd Adai
- Pepper dosa - Milagu Adai
- Rava Upma
- Semiya Upma
- Tomato Rava Upma - Thakkali Rava Bath
- Rava Dosa
- Ven Pongal
- Saamai Ven Pongal
- Foxtail millet Ven Pongal
- Kaikuthal Arisi Ven Pongal
- Idli Upma - Upma with leftover Idli
- Vermicelli Vegetable Kichadi
- Wheat Rava Kichadi With Vegetables
- Millet Veg Noodles - Vegetable Ragi Millet Noodles