Tomato Coriander Leaves Chutney - prepared with onions, tomato, coriander leaves, red chillies, garlic cloves, red chilly powder and jaggery. Daily we make different varieties of chutney for tiffin with little variations in the ingredients. Yesterday I tried this chutney with tomatoes and fresh coriander leaves and it tasted good. We make kara chutney with onions, tomatoes and red chillies as the main ingredients. Sometimes we include garlic cloves, mint leaves, coriander leaves and we can also include chana dal, urid dal or peanuts. You can prepare different varieties of tomato chutney with so many variations. For this tomato coriander leaves chutney, just grind all the ingredients in a mixer jar and then sauted for a few minutes.
Checkout my other chutney recipes
- Coconut Garlic Green Chilly Chutney
- Tomato chutney
- Tomato chutney with green chillies
- Chettinad Onion Tomato Chutney
- Small onion chutney with black urid dal
- Coconut chutney with red chillies
- Coconut chutney with green chillies
- Brinjal chutney with red chillies
- Onion garlic coconut chutney
- Small onion chutney
- Ridge gourd chutney
- Brinjal chutney with green chillies
- Brinjal (EggPlant) Chutney
- Tomato Chutney With Urid Dal
- Tomato Coconut Chutney
Tomato Coriander Leaves Chutney Recipe Details
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
Category : chutney
Author : Muthulakshmi Madhavakrishnan
- 1 onion
- 2 tomato
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 3 red chilly
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard and urid dal
- few curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Take a chutney jar and add salt, red chilli, onions and garlic cloves. Grind it without water.
- Add tomatoes and fresh coriander leaves and grind it smoothly.Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard and urid dal. Allow them to crackle and add asafoetida powder.
- Now add the ground chutney, turmeric powder and red chilly powder. Mix well.
- It will splutter, so reduce the heat to low and add 1/4 cup water. Add jaggery and curry leaves. Close and cook the chutney for 5 to 7 minutes and turn off the heat.