Ginger green chilli pachadi recipe with full video and step by step pictures. This pachadi has a sweet, sour and spicy taste which makes a perfect accompaniment for curd rice, idli and dosa. It can be refrigerated for up to two weeks. This pachadi can be served immediately but it will taste better on the next day.
These are the ingredients you need to prepare this pachadi
- Ginger and green chillies - start with fresh ginger. Do not replace it with store bought ground ginger paste. In this recipe I chopped the ginger and it gives a chunky texture in the pachadi. If you don't like the chunky texture, grate the ginger by hand using a small cheese grater and then add it to the pachadi. Dark green chillies are very spicy, so add according to your taste.
- Tamarind - use freshly extracted tamarind juice for best results. Soak the tamarind in hot water for 1 hour and then extract a thick juice.
- Jaggery - usually added in the final stage which will balance the taste and make a thicker pachadi.
- Gingely oil - The gingely oil adds a delicious flavour to this dish, so do not replace it with any other options.
- Narthangai Pachadi
- Puli milagai
- Amla thokku
- Raw mango thokku
- Tomato thokku
- Garlic thokku
- Ginger Pachadi - Inji Pachadi
- 1/2 cup chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup green chillies (slit length and cut into small pieces)
- medium lemon sized tamarind
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp sambar powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard and urid dal
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek
- 1 red chilly
- 2 tbsp jaggery
- 1/4 cup gingely oil
- few curry leaves
- salt to taste
Heat oil in a kadai and add fenugreek. When it sizzles add mustard and urid dal. Allow them to crackle well and add 1 broken red chilly.
Next add the ginger pieces and saute until they turn crisp. Add the green chillies, curry leaves and saute well for a few minutes.
Soak tamarind in hot water and extract juice with 1 cup water.
Now add tamarind juice along with required salt and turmeric powder.
Close it with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
After 10 minutes, once again mix well and add the jaggery.
Now the pachadi will thicken and the oil will start to float on the top.At this stage, add 1/2 tsp sambar powder and mix well.
Post a Comment