Curry leaves paratha
Quick Easy Sabjis for Curry leaves Paratha
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 30 minutes
Total time : 50 minutes
Yield : 6 parathas
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp melted ghee
- 1/4 cup finely chopped curry leaves
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Ghee or oil for roasting
- 1/2 cup curry leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 dry red chilly
- 1 tsp rice flour
1. In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, finely chopped curry leaves, melted ghee and salt. Mix them nicely.
2. Then add water little by little and knead the dough. Be careful while adding water because some flour require less water. Knead to a smooth dough. Apply a little oil on the dough and keep it covered for 20 minutes.
3. Now let's see how to prepare the sprinkling curry leaves powder. Heat a pan and dry roast the red chilly, jeera and white sesame seeds.
4. Then transfer it to the mixer jar. In the same pan heat a drop of oil and roast the curry leaves. Then mix it with the spices and powder them.
5. Remove from the jar and mix it with 1 tsp of rice flour. Keep it ready for sprinkling.
6. Make medium sized balls from the dough. Dust it with little wheat flour and roll it to a large chapati. Then apply ghee on all over the chapathi.
7. Now take 3/4 tsp of curry leaves spice mix and sprinkle over the chapathi evenly.
8. Then slowly fold it like a fan and fold towards the end and then roll it to a small circle.
9. If you have the loose end join it to the centre. Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
10. Again dust the prepared circle with little flour and gently roll it to a paratha.
11. Heat the iron pan and place the paratha.
Apply ghee or oil on the top of the paratha. When it starts puffing up flip and roast it on the other side with little ghee. Roast the paratha well until it turns golden brown in colour.