Paneer masala Dosa recipe with step by step photos and video. South Indian style paneer masala dosa, flavored with ginger, garlic, fennel and cashew paste. I have tasted this panner masala dosa in Saravana bhavan hotel which has a unique flavour in it. It's different from regular panner masala which we prepare for chapathi. Usually panner masala is prepared sauteing onions, tomato puree and finally finished with cashew paste and cream. But this masala is similar to paneer bhurji, which is not creamy and perfect to spread inside dosas. You can replace grated paneer with grated cauliflower also. The cashew fennel paste adds a nice taste for the masala. This paneer masala recipe can be used for paneer bread toast too.
- Idli & Batter for Idli and Dosa
- Black urid dal Dosa
- Bottlegourd Adai
- Kuzhi Paniyaram
- Mudakathan Keerai Dosa
- Tomato Dosa
- Horse Gram Dosa
- Millets and Toor dal Dosa
- Pepper Dosa
Paneer Masala Dosa Recipe Details
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 25 minutes
Serves : 3
Category : tiffin
Author : Muthulakshmi Madhavakrishnan
- 2 cup dosa batter
- 200 grams paneer
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomato2 green chilly
- 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 6 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp garamasala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried kasuri methi leaves
- few curry leaves
- few coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
1. Grind the cashew and fennel with little water. You can also add a tbsp of coconut while grinding.
2. Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin. Once it pops, add the onions and green chillies. Stir and saute well on medium heat.
3. After a few minutes, add the ginger garlic paste and saute well until the raw smell goes off.
4. Next, add the tomatoes and saute until it starts to change colour. Add the turmeric powder and red chilly powder. Saute in medium heat until well combined.
5. Add the required salt and mix well. Add the cashew fennel paste and mix well with the onion tomato mixture.
6. Add garamasala powder and kasuri methi leaves. Once again mix everything well. If required sprinkle a handful of water and cook for a few minutes.
7. Now add the grated paneer and mix well with the masala. Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Heat the dosa tava on medium heat. When the tava is heated enough, reduce the heat to low and pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and spread it in a circular motion till it covers the entire tawa.
9. Now swirl oil or ghee over the dosa and place the paneer masala in the centre of the dosa and spread it evenly. When the bottom turn to golden brown and crisp, gently flip it with the to other end and fold it.
10. Serve it hot with coconut chutney.