Omapodi/Plain sev with ajwain flavour
Omapodi is one of the easiest snack which can be prepared quickly without much effort. Making your own homemade savouries, with available ingredients is one of the best ways to give your family a healthy snack.
For omapodi I suggest to prepare the freshly ground besan flour. Place the chana dal in the sunlight for 3 to 5 hours and then grind the chana dal in a rice mill. If you do not have rice mill use a good quality besan flour. Preparing savouries, with freshly ground flour is different than store bought flour. The next most important ingredient in this dish is the ajwain. Use fresh ajwain for a nice flavour. Follow the simple instructions and prepare this easy omapodi for this Diwali.
Omapodi/Plain sev with ajwain flavour with step by step photos
1. Sieve the besan flour and rice flour in a wide bowl. Mix them well with a dry spoon.
2. Soak the ajwain(omam) in warm water for 1 hour. After 1 hour add it in a small chutney jar and grind it to a smooth paste. Grind it using the soaked water. This process will take some time, so again and again grind it. Now strain them in a small bowl, using a tea strainer.
3. Take a wide bowl and add the mixed flours, turmeric powder, butter and salt.
4. Now add the strained water little by little and knead to a smooth dough. (The dough should be little sticky).
6. You can keep it as it is or you can break the omapodis gently and add it to an airtight container. Easy and tasty omapodi are ready. Serve this omapodi with any halwa and a hot cup of cardamom tea. Enjoy this snack with your family.