Zero Oil Sprouted Green gram Dal
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Total time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3
- 3/4 cup sprouted green gram
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1 tbsp besan flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Take a small pressure cooker or pan and add the sprouted green gram and tomatoes. Add 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
3. Open cooker. Add the sambar powder, turmeric powder and required salt.
4. Once the dal started boiling, add the asafoetida powder, besan flour mixture and stir well to avoid lumps.
5. Add some more water if required and add the finely chopped coriander leaves. Boil for a couple of minutes and switch off the flame.
6. Enjoy this dal with roti or hot rice. You can add a tbsp of unsalted butter for your kids before serving.
If you try this recipe for Sprouts dal leave a comment below and share the recipe for your friends and family.