Puli illa kuzhambu - Tirunelveli Puli illa curry (Drumstick leaves pepper kuzhambu)
Make this kuzhambu for your weekend lunch so that the whole family can enjoy the dish. Yam fry, ladies finger fry and koozh vathal are the best accompaniment for this kuzhambu. The drumstick leaves are the main ingredient in this kuzhambu and if you do not have in your hand simply prepare with brinjals and drumsticks. Now let's see how to prepare this spicy kuzhambu. Best side dishes for Puli illa kuzhambu are
- Vellai curry (Sambar without dal)
- Pepper Pulikuzhambu
- Mint leaves (Pudhina) Pulikuzhambu
- Brinjal Kothsu(Brinjal puree in tamarind sauce)
- Curry Leaves Karakuzhambu
- Kara Kuzhambu with Sundakkai Vathal
- Tirunelveli Pulikuzhambu
Puli illa kuzhambu (Drumstick leaves pepper kuzhambu) Recipe
Puli illa kuzhambu (Drumstick leaves pepper kuzhambu) with step by step photos
Soak the toordal for 30 minutes and pressure cook for 3 whistles.Remove the leaves from the stem and wash it well. Cut the brinjals and tomatoes.
1. Do not add salt in the beginning. You have to add it in the final stage.
2. You can also add moong dal instead of toor dal.
3. 1 cup of drumstick leaves is enough for 1/4 cup of dal. Do not add too much leaves as it will change the taste. You can serve it with a piece of lemon pickle.