Make this kuzhambu for your weekend lunch so that the whole family can enjoy the dish. Yam fry, ladies finger fry and koozh vathal are the best accompaniment for this kuzhambu. The drumstick leaves are the main ingredient in this kuzhambu and if you do not have in your hand simply prepare with brinjals and drumsticks. Now let's see how to prepare this spicy kuzhambu. Best side dishes for Puli illa kuzhambu are
- Vellai curry (Sambar without dal)
- Pepper Pulikuzhambu
- Mint leaves (Pudhina) Pulikuzhambu
- Brinjal Kothsu(Brinjal puree in tamarind sauce)
- Curry Leaves Karakuzhambu
- Kara Kuzhambu with Sundakkai Vathal
- Tirunelveli Pulikuzhambu
Puli illa kuzhambu (Drumstick leaves pepper kuzhambu) Recipe
Cook time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
Category : kuzhambu
Author : Muthulakshmi Madhavakrishnan
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1 cup drumstick leaves
- 1 small brinjal
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp whole black pepper
- 1.5 tsp jeera
- 1/2 tsp rice
- 2 tsp coriander seeds(optional)
- 2 or 3 dried red chilly
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 3 small onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp urid dal
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1 tbsp chopped small onions
- 1 tsp ghee
- Soak the toordal for 30 minutes and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Remove the leaves from the stem and wash it well. Cut the brinjals and tomatoes.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan and roast the pepper, jeera, rice, curry leaves, red chilly and coriander seeds. Fry until nice aroma comes out. Cool it and grind it nicely with small onions, garlic and grated coconut.
- Take the drumstick leaves, brinjal in a vessel. Then add 1.5 cups of water and cook them in low flame. When the leaves are half done, add the tomatoes.
- When the drumstick leaves are soft add the cooked dal, turmeric powder.
- Next add the ground paste, required salt and some more water.Allow it to boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Heat a pan with a tsp of ghee and season with mustard seeds,urid dal, jeera and chopped onions. Then add it to the kuzhambu. Mix well and serve hot with rice.
Puli illa kuzhambu (Drumstick leaves pepper kuzhambu) with step by step photos
Soak the toordal for 30 minutes and pressure cook for 3 whistles.Remove the leaves from the stem and wash it well. Cut the brinjals and tomatoes.
1. Do not add salt in the beginning. You have to add it in the final stage.
2. You can also add moong dal instead of toor dal.
3. 1 cup of drumstick leaves is enough for 1/4 cup of dal. Do not add too much leaves as it will change the taste. You can serve it with a piece of lemon pickle.
Tried today.. அற்புதம்ReplyDelete