Aloo gobi (Potato Cauliflower sabji)
Now let's see how to prepare this Aloo gobi. This is a one pot dish and you can use either pressure cooker or pressure pan. Always try to choose cauliflowers which are tightly packed with less black spots. Make sure to use good quality white potatoes. There is no need for any additional flavours like ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder or coriander powder. I think the garam masala powder is unnecessary for this dish, but if you want to add, you can sprinkle a little in the final stage. Lastly the main flavour in this dish is a handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves. For this dish no need to add any water. The potatoes and cauliflowers are sauted well in the oil and it has to be cooked with the little steam in the pressure cooker. Let's see how to prepare this recipe in detail.
Aloo gobi recipe - How to prepare Aloo gobi sabji (dry)
Aloo gobi (Potato Cauliflower sabji) with step by step photos
1. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and separate each floret. Put the cauliflower florets in warm water for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes once again wash the florets in cold water and drain the water completely.
2. Peel the potato skin and cube them. Put it in a bowl of water.
3. Heat 3 to 4 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker or pan. Add the cumins. (This sabji requires some good amount of oil).
4. Allow the cumins to pop and then add the green chillies.
5. Next, add the potato cubes. Cook the potatoes, stirring it frequently for a few minutes.
6. After 4 to 5 minutes add the cauliflower florets. Stir them well.
7. Next, add the remaining ingredients - turmeric powder, chilly powder and required salt. Stir everything well.
8. Stir everything well. (No need to add any water)
9. Reduce the heat to low and close it with the pressure cooker lid. (For these type of sabjis choose a small 2 ltr pressure cooker or pan).
10. After 2 minutes put the whistle. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and turn off the heat.
12. Serve it hot with roti, pulav or nann.
If you try this recipe for Aloo gobi send us your comments below and share the recipe for your freiends and family.
To view the recipe in Tamil click on the link below
Aloo Gobi in Tamil