This method of mushroom kurma with red soya beans is very easy to make with little preparation work. I always prefer medium consistency kurma which is easy to pour over chapathi, dosa, pulav and poori. This kurma has very few spices in it and gets thick with fried grams. Addition of fried grams and milk skin is optional. You can replace it with cashew nuts and thick cold milk. Make sure to use fresh mushrooms and fresh coconuts for the kurma. Now let's see how to prepare this Red Soya beans and Mushroom Kurma with step by step photos.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 25 minutes
Total time : 40 minutes
Serves : 4
- 150 grams fresh red soya beans
- 7 to 9 button mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 green chilly
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garamasala powder
- 2 tbsp milk skin
- 3 cloves
- 2 small cinnamon
- few coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp fried gram
- 5 tbsp grated coconut
- 6 garlic cloves
1. Wash the soya beans and drain the water completely. Clean the mushrooms and cut them into small pieces.
3. When it gives you a nice aroma, add the sliced onions and slit green chillies.
4. After few minutes, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mushrooms are lightly golden.
5. Next, add the chopped tomatoes. Saute and cook till the tomato pieces are soft.
9. Then add the chilly powder and coriander powder to the gravy. Now add the ground coconut paste to it. Mix it well.
10. Now add some more water and garamasala powder to it. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
12. When it boils well reduce the heat and add 2 tbsp milk skin to the kurma. Stir everything together until evenly combined well.
13 . Finally, add the chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame. If you want a thin consistency, just add a little milk or water. The kurma will thicken more after cooling.
Tasty and healthy red soya beans and mushroom kurma is ready to serve.
If you do not have milk skin just leave it. Do not add more fried grams for the paste because the kurma will be more thicker and the fried grams will absorb the flavours quickly.